We have an exciting opportunity for a experienced Machinist to work for a well-established and growing manufacturing manufacturing company in Yeadon. The role is very hands on and will require a mechanically minded person with a willingness to deliver against production targets.
The successful candidate will be expected to take responsibility for the operation of slitting and spooling machines that produce various types of plastic, paper and non-woven tape products. The tapes are slit from wide master rolls to produce from 6 to 24 strands, typically from 3 to 25mm wide. The machines then wind these strands to make spools that hold up to 10,000m of tape. The operator is responsible for accurate setting up of new jobs, splicing on new master reels, and checking and maintaining the quality of the product produced.
- Operate machine as designated by the Shift Supervisor
- Ensure that correct Work Instructions are available and work to these instructions
- Make sure there is an adequate supply of raw material – master rolls, cores, boxes, etc.. Request extra supplies from the Shift Supervisor in good time.
- Set the controls and settings on the machine as defined in the Work Description, including setting the computer controls and accurately setting the spacing of knives. Use appropriate measuring equipment to check settings are in specification.
- Run the machine checking on proper and efficient operation at all times
- Enter details of all work done into the computer database
- Load and unload the machine, with assistance if appropriate, including proper packing and labelling of finished product.
Key Qualities, Skills and Attributes:
- Proven experience at running complex machinery
- Numerate – understands tolerances, use of measuring equipment such as digital callipers.
- Literate – can follow written work instructions and complete forms requesting details of machine problems and similar.
- Computer literacy – can enter details of work into a computer database or spreadsheet and send and receive internal emails
- Flexible attitude and desire to succeed
- Experience of maintaining machinery and control systems
- Experience of ISO 9001 and standard operating procedures
Pay: £16,000 - £18,000 dependent on experience
Hours: 6am-2pm / 2pm-10pm rotation / you will then be expected a work a night shift 10pm- 6am once permanent
This position is temporary to permanent, after 12 weeks (or sooner for the right candidate)
Phone: 0113 277 6661