Know How Resourcing are currently recruiting for an experienced Injection Mould Technician to work for a well-established designer and manufacturer of surgical equipment in Leeds. This is an excellent post for an enthusiastic individual to secure stability, security and potential further career progression within a fast growing company.
The successful applicant must be able to work in a fast paced environment and be able to hit the ground running. You must be a strong and confident communicator, be self-motivated, and able to work as part of a team.
You will work within the Manufacturing department, this role will offer a unique opportunity to be involved in the implementation of innovative products and initiatives to help improve both efficiencies and waste. Applicants will ideally be an apprentice served Technician with at least 3 years of injection moulding experience, possess excellent technical knowledge of plastics and polymers and have substantial experience of working on hydraulic Injection Moulding machines.
As an Injection Moulding Operator, you will be involved in the setting and changing of mould tools, validation of new tooling and the analysis of defect, fixture or machining problems.
Specific Duties, but not limited to:
- Ensure optimization of machines and equipment to achieve continuous production.
- Maximising production efficiencies by performing Lean, Kaizen and 5S activities and ascertain machine capability using SPC.
- Packing, weighing, labelling of finished goods.
- Working strictly to the Health & Safety Policy ensuring P.P.E. is supplied and worn at all times.
- Set machine and processing equipment to specification.
- Carryout tool changes to procedures and to standard tool change times.
- Working with development teams to introduce new materials, productions or processing technology.
- Identification of tooling conditions and repairs required.
- Perform regular quality checks at each stage of the injection moulding process, including 1st offs, last-offs and IPC.
- Ensure all validated processes are running within the defined scope of the process parameters.
- Perform any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Machine shop Supervisor.
Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum of 2 years plastics injection moulding experience.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing desirable.
- Knowledge of the properties and processing behaviour of polymer materials.
- Basic knowledge of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Familiar with analytical/diagnostic tools, SPC, 6’s, SMED.
- Health and Safety issues Codes of practice relevant to the industry.
- Experience in communicating actively & effectively to team members.
- Demonstrated hands on experience of tool changes, first & last off approvals & process start-ups.
- Good mechanical aptitude numerate and literate skills.
- Team player – Willing to train other employees and learn additional skills where required.
- Apprenticeship served/formal training in plastics processing.
- Experience of Setting machines / Optimising processes / Process trials & validation.
Salary: Up to £28,000
Phone: 0113 277 6661